How would you like to have your logo in front of your clients or prospective clients several times a day, every day for a year or more? Promotional Calendars can be a great way to do just that. Not only will they see your logo several times a day, but a good quality calendar will be appreciated and also leave a positive impression of your business with each look.
Consider the overall advantages of promotional calendars:
- Many of us use calendars, and we can have them in several places. On our office wall or desk, at home, in meeting rooms and common areas, in our car, etc. And often they are in more than one of those locations.
- Many of us keep our schedules on a digital device now. However, it is still much easier and quicker to glance at that calendar on the wall or desk for a quick reference. It’s also easier to quickly jot down an event on a certain date on a printed calendar, especially when you’re on the phone or in the middle of a conversation.
- Calendars can be viewed several times per day over the period of a year or more. When a calendar is viewed five times per day and five days a week that can add up to over 1200 views per year. And in an office it’s not only the occupant of the office but everyone who visits the office throughout the year. That is a lot of impressions for the price.
- Promotional calendars are useful and appreciated items. Your clients and prospective clients will view them favorably, putting into place the powerful rule of reciprocity (I’ll go into that more later).
- There are a wide variety of promotional calendars with many customizing options available.
Calendars can be customized to help you meet your goal
One thing to consider when selecting an item that will cause an action or drive a decision is; where will the person you are attempting to influence be when they are making the decision? They could be in their office, at home, in the kitchen, in the car, etc. There are many options for promotional calendars. They can hang on a wall or sit on a desk, hang on a refrigerator or be tucked into a glovebox for recording mileage, gas consumption, or client visits, to list just a few. We recommend that you work with your promotional products distributor to select the type that will be in the right location at the right time.
We would be happy to help you select the right promotional calendar to help you meet your goal. You could include pictures of your products or services. It would be a great way to showcase new products. Or to show off construction or landscaping projects you have designed and/or completed in the past. There are many more creative custom options available now than there have been in the past. Let us brainstorm with you to come up with a great plan to meet your goal.
Consider creating a special page on your website and only advertising the URL on your calendar. You could then post specials, or information helpful for the month or season. It could change every month or remain the same. This would bring even more attention to your calendar. It would also drive traffic to your website and increase sales (or accomplish your goal whatever it may be). And, as an additional benefit you would also have a way to track how well your promotional calendar is working.
Chose a theme that works well with your audience. Promotional calendars can be motivational, informative, attractive, entertaining, or nostalgic. Consider offering additional calendars for clients or prospective clients to take home that have a different theme, and increase views of your logo even more.
Ask us about other options, such as personalizing a calendar with the recipient’s name.
Have you ever gotten to the middle of November and decided to hurry and get out a calendar? We have, and it didn’t go well. Promotional calendar providers get very busy towards the end of the year. Prices begin to increase as early as the end of June. They can still be purchased after that, but prices and lead times both increase as the end of the year approaches.
And while we’re talking about handing them out, what is your plan for that? Will you hand deliver them, mail them or give them out as your clients come in to shop? A personal visit or face to face opportunity to deliver the item is usually the best. If you plan to mail them to your clients you will want to consider delivery methods when choosing your calendars because the dimensions and weight will affect your shipping. Many calendars require special envelopes while others use a standard size. The envelopes can also be customized in some cases. So if you are shipping, make it noticeable! We know you are busy and all this mailing can take a lot of time, so ask us about our options to mail them out for you.
And, as we mentioned above, have your calendars out early. If your calendar is delivered in mid to late December your recipient likely will have already received at least one other promotional calendar and may have one hanging on their wall already. Late October or any time in November is a good time for your recipients to receive them.
Quality and the Rule of Reciprocity
Promotional calendars can be great promotional items. To achieve Return On Investment with your promotional calendars make sure you do the following:
- Determine your goal. Then work with your Promotional Products Provider to come up with a plan to accomplish that goal. We at Ads-Up Promotions would be happy to help you with this. We can help you choose:
- The type of calendar, there are many to choose from.
- A good quality product that meets your budget constraints to invoke the rule of reciprocity.
- The theme for the calendar. Decide if you will provide more than one; one for the office and one for home for instance?
- Any customization.
- Plan ahead.
- If possible have your order placed before the end of June and have the calendars delivered before the end of November.
Plan your delivery method. We can help with mailing them if that’s your preferred method.